Please read and follow all instructions carefully. You’ll find the same instructions in the brake master cylinder pack. Remember to keep them for the entire product life cycle. Hand them over to the new owner if you sell your vehicle.
1. Use the brake fluid recommended by the manufacturer. Brake fluid must be replaced entirely after the fluid reservoir has been thoroughly washed with methylated spirits.
2. Due to the technical nature of the product, brake master cylinders must be replaced by a qualified technician and the same will have to be proven by means of an invoice in the event of a claim.
3. Stabilise the vehicle on stands, ensuring that it is perfectly stable before removing the wheels then remove the brake drum.
4. Before further disassembly, make a note of the position of the various components to ensure correct reassembly.
5. Remove brake shoes, shoe return spring and the parts of the automatic adjustment mechanism.
6. Unscrew the brake tube connector from the cylinder, making sure you do not damage or deform the tube.
7. We recommend you replace wheel cylinders on both sides simultaneously.
8. Completely drain the brake fluid.
1. If the cylinder is screwed onto a backing plate, remove the fixing bolts and release the cylinder from its seats. If the cylinder is fixed with snap plates, disconnect the hand brake cable and dust-proof rubber hose to release the snap plate.
2. If the cylinder is supported by a Seeger ring/circlip, remove the latter from the cylinder and slip the cylinder off the backing plate together with its seals.
3. Clean the backing plate thoroughly.
1. For cylinders screwed onto the backing plate, fit a new seal and then secure the cylinder to the backing plate using the fixing bolts, tightening them at the torque recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
2. For sliding type cylinders, grease the sliding areas of the backing plate, taking care to keep all other parts grease-free. Place the cylinder on the backing plate and secure the snap plates, making sure they are positioned correctly. Re-install the rubber dust-proof seal and reconnect the hand brake cable.
3. For cylinders fixed with snap rings, fit the new cable on the backing plate with new seals and install the ring correctly. Unless already fitted, fit a new bleeder system, connect the hand brake tube, making sure the thread on the cylinder and the tube connector match, and tighten the screw at the torque settings recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
4. Re-assemble the brake, carefully checking the state of wear of the shoes; the installation of new shoes is recommended.
5. Check that the drum is not scored or worn; replace it if in doubt. The drums can be machined (skimmed) if scored, and the accepted maximum oversize (after skimming) on a passenger vehicle or light commercial vehicle is 1.5 mm.
6. Check that all parts have been fitted correctly.
7. Adjust and bleed the system, check for any leaks.
8. Re-install the wheels, lower the vehicle to the ground and tighten the wheel screws.
9. Perform a test drive.
General and safety information
This Brembo product has been designed to comply with all applicable safety standards. Products are not intended to be used differently from the specific use for which they have been designed and manufactured. Use for any other purpose, or any modification to or tampering with the Product can affect the performance of the Product and may render the Product unsafe.
Such modification or improper use will void the Limited Warranty, and may subject the individual so using the Product to liability for bodily injury or property damage to others.
In these instructions, the “DANGER!” warning means procedures which, if not observed, have a high degree of probability that they will cause serious injury or even death. “CAUTION” means procedures which, if not observed, could result in physical damage whereas “WARNING!” means procedures which, if not observed, could possibly cause damage to the vehicle.
Before commencing replacement, ascertain that the spare parts are suitable for the make and model of the vehicle. This Product is vital to the safe operation of the vehicle on which it is installed, and it is intended to be installed only by a skilled, qualified individual who has been trained and/or is experienced in the installation and use for which the Product is intended.
The installer must be equipped with the proper tools of his trade, and with the knowledge and experience to deal with vehicle repairs. Improper or incorrect installation, whether caused by a failure to follow these Instructions faithfully and completely or otherwise, will void the Limited Warranty and could subject the installer to liability in the event of personal injury or property damage.
It is essential that you replace the brake discs for each axle, taking them from the same box. Every time you replace the discs also replace the related pads.
Avoid contact of grease and other lubricants with the braking surfaces of the disc and pads as this could affect the efficiency of the braking system.
Brembo shall not be liable for any damage or injury caused to or by any person operating a vehicle on which a replacement product has been improperly installed.
Replaced parts must be disposed of in accordance with the law.
It is vital to avoid sharply striking and/or damaging the Product, its parts and its components, as this can impair their efficiency and may cause them to malfunction. If necessary, replace any damaged part or component. To avoid injury we recommend the following:
- Always wear gloves during disassembly and assembly of components with sharp edges.
- Do not allow skin surface to make direct contact with the friction material of pads and brake shoes since this could cause abrasions.
This warranty covers all the conformity defects occurring within two years from delivery of the good. The consumer is required to report to the seller the conformity defect within two months from the date of discovery of the said defect, without prejudice to the fact that the limitations period for taking action aimed at seeking redress for the defect is twenty-six months from delivery of the good. In the event of a conformity defect, the user has the right to repair or replacement of the good, or to an appropriate price reduction or termination of the contract, as established by art. 130 of the Consumer Code, where applicable.
This warranty constitutes the only warranty provided in relation to this product and replaces any other warranties, both verbal and written.