This Brembo product has been designed to comply with all applicable safety standards. Products are not intended to be used differently from the specific use for which they have been designed and manufactured. Use for any other purpose, or any modification to or tampering with the Product can affect the performance of the Product and may render the Product unsafe.
Such modification or improper use will void the Limited Warranty, and may subject the individual so using the Product to liability for bodily injury or property damage to others.
In these instructions, the “DANGER!” warning means procedures which, if not observed, have a high degree of probability that they will cause serious injury or even death. “CAUTION” means procedures which, if not observed, could result in physical damage whereas “WARNING!” means procedures which, if not observed, could possibly cause damage to the vehicle.
DANGER! Before commencing replacement, ascertain that the spare parts are suitable for the make and model of the vehicle. This Product is vital to the safe operation of the vehicle on which it is installed, and it is intended to be installed only by a skilled, qualified individual who has been trained and/or is experienced in the installation and use for which the Product is intended.
The installer must be equipped with the proper tools of his trade, and with the knowledge and experience to deal with vehicle repairs. Improper or incorrect installation, whether caused by a failure to follow these Instructions faithfully and completely or otherwise, will void the Limited Warranty and could subject the installer to liability in the event of personal injury or property damage.
The worn parts replaced by this Product must not be installed on any other product. This could result in property damage and personal injury, including death.
Avoid contact of grease and other lubricants with the braking surfaces of the disc and pads as this could affect the efficiency of the braking system.
Always check that the brake fluid level in the reservoir is between the minimum and maximum levels indicated on the reservoir. An incorrect level can cause brake fluid leaks or reduced braking system efficiency. Too much or too little brake fluid in the reservoir could cause the brakes not to perform properly resulting in personal injury, including death.
Brembo shall not be liable for any damage or injury caused to or by any person operating a vehicle on which a replacement product has been improperly installed.
CAUTION! Replaced parts must be disposed of in accordance with the law.
It is vital to avoid sharply striking and/or damaging the Product, its parts and its components, as this can impair their efficiency and may cause them to malfunction. If necessary, replace any damaged part or component. To avoid injury we recommend the following:
- Use suitable equipment to prevent the inhalation of dust raised during cleaning of the parts.
- Always wear gloves during disassembly and assembly of components with sharp edges.
- Do not allow skin surface to make direct contact with the friction material of pads and brake shoes since this could cause abrasions.
- Do not introduce your hands in the seat of the pads when removing the caliper pistons using compressed air as this involves the risk of crushing your hands.
- Avoid direct contact with the brake fluid as it can cause irritation to the skin and eyes. In the event of accidental contact, clean thoroughly in accordance with the vehicle or brake fluid manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not subject the electrical components to electrostatic charges or to impact which could damage the plastic parts.
- Protect the disassembled electrical components from humidity.
- Ensure correct connection of any electrical contacts, checking that the warning lights come on. If they do not, non-operation of the warning lights can cause a reduction in efficiency of the braking system, or brake signalling failure.
- Do not use sharp tools to fit rubber components as this could damage them. Make sure any damaged parts are replaced.