Please read and follow all instructions carefully. You’ll find the same instructions in the brake master cylinder pack. Remember to keep them for the entire product life cycle. Hand them over to the new owner if you sell your vehicle.
1. Use the brake fluid recommended by the manufacturer.
2. Brake fluid must be replaced entirely after the fluid reservoir has been thoroughly washed with isopropyl alcohol or methylated spirits.
3. Due to the technical nature of the product, clutch master and brake master cylinders must be replaced by a qualified technician and the same will have to be proven by means of an invoice in the event of a claim.
4. Many of the newer vehicles are fitted with a concentric slave cylinder which is mounted inside the gearbox hub seat; in order to replace this unit, the gearbox needs to be removed.
5. Some of these concentric slave cylinders have a supply line and a bleeder tube, so bleeding these systems is normally straightforward. Others have a single supply line with external tube connections into which the system is bled. These can be difficult to bleed and we advise you to follow the manufacturer’s instructions precisely.
6. On some of these new systems, the tube connecting the clutch master cylinder to the brake master cylinder is held in place in the cylinders with a clip and is sealed with a small o-ring. Make sure these tubes are fitted correctly to avoid leaks.
7. Some vehicles now have clutch master cylinders fitted inside the vehicle, and it is important to follow the correct procedures when removing them, as it may be necessary to remove or loosen critical items such as the steering column.
1. Jack up the vehicle and support it using suitable stands.
2. Remove the foot well trim by following the guidelines provided by the vehicle manufacturer
3. Disconnect the tube from the cylinder, seal the port with a rubber plug to prevent the fluid from leaking out.
4. Remove the clutch master cylinder or brake master cylinder by following the guidelines provided by the vehicle manufacturer
5. Beware of the piston diameter/size when replacing the cylinder
1. Replace the clutch master cylinder and the brake master cylinder at the same time.
2. Install the cylinders according to the vehicle manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Make sure the clutch master cylinder is 100% lined up and secure to prevent the push rod from pushing into the cylinder at an angle.
4. Connect the tube.
5. Tighten screws and nuts at the appropriate torque.
6. Replace the brake fluid.
7. Bleed the clutch.
8. Operate the clutch pedal several times.
9. Check the brake fluid level and top up if necessary then refit the cap.
10. Check the system for leaks.
11. Check the position of the pedal and adjust it if necessary.
12. Reassemble the foot well trim by following the guidelines provided by the vehicle manufacturer
13. Perform a test drive and check the brake and clutch are functioning.
General and safety information
This Brembo product has been designed to comply with all applicable safety standards. Products are not intended to be used differently from the specific use for which they have been designed and manufactured. Use for any other purpose, or any modification to or tampering with the Product can affect the performance of the Product and may render the Product unsafe.
Such modification or improper use will void the Limited Warranty, and may subject the individual so using the Product to liability for bodily injury or property damage to others.
In these instructions, the “DANGER!” warning means procedures which, if not observed, have a high degree of probability that they will cause serious injury or even death. “CAUTION”” means procedures which, if not observed, could result in physical damage whereas “WARNING!” means procedures which, if not observed, could possibly cause damage to the vehicle.
Before commencing replacement, ascertain that the spare parts are suitable for the make and model of the vehicle. This Product is vital to the safe operation of the vehicle on which it is installed, and it is intended to be installed only by a skilled, qualified individual who has been trained and/or is experienced in the installation and use for which the Product is intended.
The installer must be equipped with the proper tools of his trade, and with the knowledge and experience to deal with vehicle repairs. Improper or incorrect installation, whether caused by a failure to follow these Instructions faithfully and completely or otherwise, will void the Limited Warranty and could subject the installer to liability in the event of personal injury or property damage.
It is essential that you replace the brake discs for each axle, taking them from the same box. Every time you replace the discs also replace the related pads.
Avoid contact of grease and other lubricants with the braking surfaces of the disc and pads as this could affect the efficiency of the braking system.
Brembo shall not be liable for any damage or injury caused to or by any person operating a vehicle on which a replacement product has been improperly installed.
Replaced parts must be disposed of in accordance with the law.
It is vital to avoid sharply striking and/or damaging the Product, its parts and its components, as this can impair their efficiency and may cause them to malfunction. If necessary, replace any damaged part or component. To avoid injury we recommend the following:
- Always wear gloves during disassembly and assembly of components with sharp edges.
- Do not allow skin surface to make direct contact with the friction material of pads and brake shoes since this could cause abrasions.
This warranty covers all the conformity defects occurring within two years from delivery of the good. The consumer is required to report to the seller the conformity defect within two months from the date of discovery of the said defect, without prejudice to the fact that the limitations period for taking action aimed at seeking redress for the defect is twenty-six months from delivery of the good. In the event of a conformity defect, the user has the right to repair or replacement of the good, or to an appropriate price reduction or termination of the contract, as established by art. 130 of the Consumer Code, where applicable.
This warranty constitutes the only warranty provided in relation to this product and replaces any other warranties, both verbal and written.